In 1972, Tom and Millie Fisher, along with Charlie and Liz Sandlin, bought Plastifletch from Max and his wife, Jewel. Plastifletch vane technology and manufacturing evolved as time went on. Back in 1948, Max cut the first vanes with scissors and templates, then progressed to a cellulose extruded material and a punch press. AAE started injection molding vanes in 1974 because of the lack of quality extrusion equipment and also introduced the Plastinock at that time. Since then, AAE has led the industry in the manufacturing of nocks and vanes and continues to be the largest manufacturer of vanes and nocks in the world. AAE relocated to our current location in Prescott Valley, Arizona in 1977. To see our manufacturing website please click on Arizona Applied.
Throughout the 80’s, Arizona Archery continued to grow with more archery product innovations, along with diversification into our market segments involving custom injection molding. Our second division, Arizona Applied Engineering, was born to handle this burgeoning industry. In 1991, AAE purchased state-of-the-art, computer controlled extrusion equipment which allowed us to make vanes faster and with better quality than ever before and we continue to improve our equipment and manufacturing practices each year.
Continuing the family tradition, T.J. and Dan Fisher purchased AAE from Tom and Millie Fisher in 2000. Many changes occurred in 2006, including the purchase of Cavalier USA from Dick and Diane Tone and the introduction of a third generation plastic vane, the Plastifletch Max. This new vane is a tribute to the founder of the plastic vane and will set a new vane standard for years to come. Our mission hasn’t changed over the years, which is to demonstrate integrity as a company and to create and manufacture quality products and services for all of our customers, both in and out of the archery market.